Indie Host : Blog
At times we like to share advice, ideas, and new developments from the Indie Host Blog page. It’s dedicated to news events, including new happenings on our exclusive client network. We aim to give you info on industry trends, popular music, and artist blogs that we support. As we show progress in our methods, we plan to build a network of professionals and leaders. Because we provide web services and training, our clients get the help they need to start and run their dreams’ online business.
Indie Host Blog Posts
This section provides our thoughts and advice for artists looking to develop their online presence. Indie Host is a community of independent entertainers founded by JC Johnson in 2012. Using his skills, he seeks to unite his diverse network of colleagues, patrons, and clients. So we post on topics that relate to the industries we serve.
News and Developments
For the latest news about WordPress Themes and development, visit this section of the site. Because it is where we talk about WordPress, our readers can learn more about how we use Divi to build and design websites.
Top Music Blogs Online
To see how your site stacks up, you can check out our top music blogs and sites from here. We try to rate independently-run sites that show how artists can use a digital platform to broadcast their message. Our favorites include:
- Pitchfork – One of the sites that provide in-depth coverage of the latest music, artists, producers, and industry professionals.
- Hypebot – The intersection between the music, entertainment, and technology industries. Hypebot is where you can find daily updates about all your favorite musicians.
- BrooklynVegan – A Brooklyn-centric blog discussing all the latest news, events, and upcoming artists from the NYC scene.
- Pigeons and Planes – A showcase of upcoming artists and developments in music culture from around the country.
- Consequence of Sound – A daily publication of music news, events, libraries, and artist blogs, including new tour dates from your favorite bands.
Top WordPress Development Blogs
WordPress depends on an open-source community of developers. Indie host is a proud member of this community, allowing us to work with the latest tools and features to enable and empower our customers to build an online presence that works for them.
Here are our favorite WordPress development blogs:
- Tom McFarlin – Dedicated blog to the latest WordPress developments that you should know about.
- Pippin’s Plugins – A review site for the latest WordPress plugins. If you don’t know what plugins are, it’s how you extend your WordPress site’s functionality.
- WP Tuts+ – Has loads of tutorials and guides that help you customize your WordPress sites according to your own designs.
We’ll post regular updates on this page regarding our favorite blogs and our own content that helps artists build a more engaging experience online. The primary goal for any online presence is to provide regular updates to fans (or in our case, customers).
Our blogs are industry-focused, technology-based, and ultimately show the passion we have for what we do.
Building a Web Presence with Indie Host
Our goal is to help artists become more discoverable while controlling their brand and image. Indie Host works with our customers to understand the latest industry trends, establish a content management lifecycle, and deliver a superior experience to their fans, through our knowledgebase articles, and through our helpful step-by-step video tutorials.
Indie Host is here to help artists and creatives who don’t know how to build a website using WordPress and establish an online portfolio that is modern, sleek, and manageable. We can help you to build an online presence that is on-brand, engaging, and custom-designed according to your specifications.
To get started, sign up for an Indie Host account today.